In many businesses, document-related expenses are one of the largest unmanaged expenses. Studies show that 90% of business owners are unaware of their total printing spend, which totals an estimated 1 to 3% of their annual revenue. Managed print services (MPS) gives you visibility and control over your business’s printing which contributes to a healthier bottom line.
[You Might Also Like: Blog Article - "True Cost of Printing and Why You Should Care About Managed Print Services"]
The foundation of an effective MPS agreement is a full, detailed assessment of your print infrastructure. Conducting a detailed evaluation will give you a holistic view of all print-related processes, including: a full analysis of print usage across your business, evaluation of your current hardware and print costs, and uncovering areas of print inefficiency or redundancy. Initial evaluation will also capture project requirements to make sure that your business goals and needs will be met.
[You Might Also Like: Blog Article - "4 Major Benefits of Managed Print Services"]
This full evaluation will look at entire printing costs. It’s important to note that print costs include more than just the toner and paper used, it includes the total costs incurred to manage and optimize the printer fleet and printer production, as well as the technical staff and processes that support the printer fleet. Typical printing costs include:
- All printing devices within the office, including desktop printers, multifunction printers (MFPs), copiers, scanners, fax machines, and production printers
- Every document created by employees, regardless of location
- Paper, ink, toner, and other supplies used during the printing process
- Documents and materials that are outsourced for quick printing, offset printing, mailing, and distribution
- Internal and external help desk support, IT support, technical service, and maintenance
MPS success starts with initial evaluation which will lead to giving your business visibility and control over printing. By leveraging a MPS program, your business can experience an increase in productivity and a decrease in printing costs by as much as 30%.
Interested in learning more about how your business can reduce costs with a managed print services strategy from Prosource?