Small and medium-sized businesses face critical cyber security challenges due to limited resources and information, as well as competing priorities.
The speed at which technology is evolving makes it difficult to stay current with security.
[You Might Also Like: Blog Article - "Keeping Your Business Secure Starts with Educating Employees About Cyber Security"]
However, better security awareness and planning can help these businesses protect their confidential business data and reduce loss of productivity due to downtime caused by cyber attacks.
Here are 6 tips for educating your employees on cyber security.
1. Regularly talk to employees about cyber security
2. Don't forget to educate top management & IT staff - they're employees too
3. Explain that a system is only as secure as the weakest link
4. Explore different types of cyber attacks with employees by conducting regular, focused sessions
5. Warn employees to watch for social engineering activities
6. Train employees to recognize an attack
There are many other things you can do to educate your employees about cyber security and keep your business secure.
[You Might Also Like: Blog Article - "6 Common Types of Cyber Attacks"]
The cyber security experts at Prosource are here to help. For more information about cyber security and what you can do to stay secure call 888.698.0763.